Whether it is the flu virus, coronavirus, or a sewage backup, Safe-Dry® Carpet Cleaning is here to help keep you and your family safe. Safe-Dry® uses a commercial strength sanitizer called MediClean (also known as Microban) to kill disease causing germs, fungi, mold, and mildew. MediClean is a water-based bactericide, fungicide, deodorizer, and antimicrobial all in one unique formulation.
Facts About Microban:
Microban offers protection against dangerous and destructive microorganisms:
- Disease causing bacteria, fungi and viruses cause illness and threaten our health and well-being. The destructive action of mold, mildew, fungi and bacteria on materials often results in damaged or destroyed materials and unpleasant odors.
pH balanced and non-corrosive:
- Unlike chlorine bleaches, Microban Disinfectant Spray formula is pH balanced and is non-corrosive.
Safe and Effective:
- Microban has been rigidly tested under government recommended procedures by internationally renowned testing laboratories, universities and hospitals.
- Microban testing ensures its safety to you, your family, your pets and the environment.
- Microban is registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Microban has been job tested on thousands of water damage and microbial remediation projects performed in residences, businesses and institutions.
Trusted by professionals:
- Leading disaster restoration and microbial remediation firms depend on Microban.
- Microban is strong enough to destroy harmful disease-causing microorganisms while gentle enough to be applied to delicate textiles, carpets, rugs, antiques and sleep surfaces.
- Microban is suitable and approved for use within residential, commercial, industrial and institutional properties.
Microban Disinfectant Spray Stops Odors Two Ways:
- Mildew, sickroom, nursery and even some pet related odors are caused by bacteria.
- Microban kills the organisms which cause these odors.
- Not all odors are caused by bacteria. Microban contains an exclusive odor counteractant which is effective on food and other non-bacterially related odors.
Why Microban is an important part of a mold remediation protocol and germ prevention:
- While cleaning removes visible contamination, significant quantities of microorganisms are often left behind. An application of Microban during cleaning destroys many of these microorganisms, thus preventing them from multiplying.
- The Microban formulation contains high levels of active ingredients, that destroy microorganisms upon application and then provide residual protection against odor causing microorganisms.
Disinfection you can trust for:
- Water damage
- Pipe breaks
- Toilet overflows
- Sewer back-ups
- Mold remediation
- Home Sanitization
Some of the organisms Microban is effective against:
- Aspergillus niger (Black Mold)
- Aspergillus flavus
- Aspergillus terreus
- Penicillium citrinum
- Athletes’ foot fungi
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcus pyogenes aureus
- Staphylococcus albus
- Staphylococcus albus coagulase
- Staphylococcus aureus hemolyticus coagulase
- Staphylococcus citreus
- Salmonella choleraesuis
- Salmonella typhosa
- Escherichia coli
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Most gram-positive bacteria
- Most gram-negative bacteria
- Influenza A2
- Herpes Simplex – Genital herpes